Friday, January 17, 2014

Welcome 2014!


Figure 45
Chilling on a chilling day.
Have you ever been so passionate about something that you lay in bed at night trying to fall asleep and you can't because you figuring out how you are going to get something done.  That is me.  I keep going over the portals and hatches that need to be repaired  But these will have to wait.  We have to ensure that the structure of the boat and essential features are functional.

Well, it's January 2014 and the club had some fun events during the holidays.  Aside from some of the members being comforted by our great fireplace at the club, we had a great Commodore's Ball, a huge turnout for our annual Thanksgiving Dinner and our Christmas fund-raiser for the local kids.


Figure 46
Thanksgiving Dinner at the Club
I have been busy researching the internet and determining what vendor I will buy what parts off of.   I discovered that I could get some pretty good deals through Amazon Prime which provided me a one shop stop for reviewing items.  I always compared prices among 2-3 potential vendors before selecting.  I wished I had access to the all the experience of the club members over the years as to where and what items were found to be reliable from which vendor.  Something to think about for the future.  It would be nice to have an online database in our club website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment